Coming in December: Heart Sutra Teachings with Khenmo Drolma
Friends of the Peace Museum, Dayton’s Gar Drolma Buddhist Center, invite us to join them in several events open to the public. All events led by Khenmo Nyima Drolma, Abbess of the Vajra Dakini Nunnery, Bristol, VT. Khenmo HYima Drolma has been a student of H.H. the Dalai Lama and Ven. Pema Chodron. Both events will be held at 1329 Creighton Ave., Dayton, OH 45420.
1. Friday, Dec. 7, Free public talk: “Strong Emotions, Our Faithful Teacher,”
7:00-9:00 p.m.—Public Talk
2. “The Heart Sutra.” Open to the public, but with a fee.
Saturday, Dec. 8, and Sunday, Dec. 9,
Saturday, Dec. 8
10:00-12:30 p.m.—Heart Sutra Teachings
12:30-2:00 p.m.—Lunch break
2:30-5:00 p.m.—Heart Sutra Teachings
Sunday, Dec. 9—Same schedule as Dec, 8.
You will learn
* The relationship of these ancient teachings to contemporary psychology and science.
* An introduction to the practice of analytic mediation; the crucial importance of study and how it becomes meditation.
* The connection of the Heart Sutra’s presentation of emptiness to the practices on compassion referencing Khenchen Konchog Gyaltshen’s poem on Tonglen.
Weekend Fee: $25-40 per day sliding scale
Full Attendance Fee—$50-$80, sliding scale
Registration will be held at the temple the day of the teachings or you can pre-register by contacting email@example.com. Please contact us with questions firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 937-252-2220. Gar Drolma Buddhist Center web page is http://www.gardrolma.org
University Astronomy Club joins “StarPeace”