The Dayton International Peace Museum is housed in the
Pollack House, which was built by Dayton wine and alcohol wholesaler
Pollack immigrated to Ohio from France in 1854 and build the house in Dayton near where
the Federal Building sits on West Third St. in 1876.
To save it from demolition it was moved to its current location at 208 W. Monument Ave. in 1977.
The house was estimated to weigh 300 tons and was moved on a trailer with eighty wheels on it.
The house was the Montgomery County Board of Elections for a
number of years, and
before that it was the home of the Bott Dancing Academy, where many of Dayton's
young people learned to trip the light fantastic.